• 58-1700 US Army. Delivered 03-Feb-1959. Designated as U-1A.
Assigned initially to 17th Aviation Company, Fort Ord, CA.
Jun-1964. Otter Transition School, Fort Ord, CA.
Feb-1966 Unknown Unit and Location.
Nov-1968.16th Combat Aviation Group, Chu LaiVietnam.
Aug-1969. 142nd Transportation Company, Da Nang, Vietnam.
Jan-1970 Sharpe Army Depot, Stockton, CA.
Feb-1973. Deleted from Army Inventory and put up for sale.
• No regn Laurentian Air Services Ltd., Ottawa. Purchased 08-Jan 1974.
• No regn Sold to Ag-Air Company, Latah, WA., for restoration. No other details known.
• C-GCDX Nipawin Air Services Ltd., Nipawin, SK. Temp. Regd 24-Jun-1974 for import. Formal regd 15-Jul-1974.
Accident. Otter Lake, SK. 04-May-1978. When landing on a strip 2,500 feet long and 75 feet wide, directional control was not maintained after the tailwheel touched down on the landing roll. The Otter veered off the runway and down an embankment. Considerable damage was caused and two of the three on board sustained minor injuries.
• C-GCDX Bearskin Lake Air Service, Big Trout Lake, ON, Regd Circa1980. Canx 26-Aug-1986.
• C-GCDX Allen Airways Ltd., Sioux Lookout, ON. Regd 30-Aug-1993. Canx 04-Jul-1996.
• C-GCDX Enterlake Air Services Ltd., dba Selkirk Air, Selkirk. MB. Regd 04-Jul-1976. Canx & deleted 22-May-2008 on export to USA.
Accident: McDowell, Ontario. 15-Mar-1982. The pilot was flying circuits and landings in an attempt to pack the snow on a ski-strip. On the fifth landing, the left ski link bracket failed and the aircraft settled onto the left wing.
Power plant: Re-engined by Selkirk with a Polish PZL ASZ-621R-M18. 1000hp. Motor.
Accident: Wrong Lake, MB. 30-Jun-2001.The aircraft was started up and pushed away from the dock. A gust of wind swung the aircraft around and the pilot applied engine power to try to compensate. The combined engine power and wind pushed the aircraft into trees and rocks, causing damage to the right float, right wing tip and propeller.
• N413JP Bald Mountain Air Service Inc., Homer AK. Regd 23-May-2008.